Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need some creative ideas

On Jun 11, 12:56*pm, "Gomba" wrote:
Remodeling kitchen, the sink faced an interior wall. Shortening up a
window, then intend to place sink under it. *Will have plenty of lighting,
putting 8 LED can lights. However, want to place a pendant light _centered_
over sink. *The bottom cord of a truss sits almost smack dab in the center
of the window.

How can I mount an electrical box on the bottom of the cord & hide it? *Was
checking out medallions, can't seem to find one for the application I need.

Thanks

You can put the box off a foot or so from where the light is to hang,
then put a hook into the ceiling exactly where you want the light to
hang, and put the pendant light on a chain that is 15 - 18 inches
longer than you need it to be and you will have a long enough chain to
go from the box, drooping down a couple of inches, then back up to the
hook and then down to the light. I think it's called a swag lamp. I
had to do that with a dining room chandelier (fairly small) and it
looks just fine.