Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Need some creative ideas

On 6/11/2012 12:56 PM, Gomba wrote:
Remodeling kitchen, the sink faced an interior wall. Shortening up a
window, then intend to place sink under it. Will have plenty of lighting,
putting 8 LED can lights. However, want to place a pendant light _centered_
over sink. The bottom cord of a truss sits almost smack dab in the center
of the window.

How can I mount an electrical box on the bottom of the cord& hide it? Was
checking out medallions, can't seem to find one for the application I need.

Probably easiest is the "pancake" box...

http://www.drillspot.com/products/112172/Raco_293_Round_Pancake_Box

Remove the sheetrock where needed, drill hole for the wiring and away
ya' goes...