Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default coax splitter replacement

On 6/10/2012 8:31 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Incidentally, your header shows a peoplepc.com email address and an
Earthlink ISP, neither of which offer cable service. How did you
manage that?

You subscribe through TW Cable or Brighthouse like I do. They
offered a choice of Road Runner, AOL or Earthlink when I signed the
contract. They used a directional coupler instead of a splitter when
they installed my cable modem. I can't get to it right now to tell you
how many dB drop right now.

Brighthouse currently uses S.A./Cisco Webstar modems in this area.
192.168.100.1 will display the current data.

(I hid the MAC Address)

Name CISCO DPC2100R2
Modem Serial Number 224656807
Cable Modem MAC Address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Hardware Version 2.1
Software Version dpc2100rx-v202r1256-110513Uas-TWC
Receive Power Level -4.9 dBmV
Signal to Noise Ratio 37.7 dBmV
Transmit Power Level 41.5 dBmV
Cable Modem Status Operational