Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default 9-story apartment building made of WOOD

On 6/11/2012 2:09 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:28:20 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 6/11/2012 9:31 AM, HerHusband wrote:

3. The wood panels are touted as making efficient use of wood, but common
SIPS (structural insulated panels), use less wood, provide better
insulation,

As noted, insulation is also required in SIPS.

I thougnt that's what the "I" in SIP stood for - - - .

That's true ... the point being that "insulation" is still necessary
regardless of which you use... whether it is the factory built-in
insulation between the exterior and interior panels of SIPS; or added to
the exterior in the field, as with CLT construction.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010