Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default 9-story apartment building made of WOOD

"Mike Marlow" writes:
HerHusband wrote:

2. Utilities. As with a traditional log home, where to you run the
plumbing, electrical, and other services? You would either need to
build a secondary wall on the interior to provide space for these
(negating the advantages of the system), or restrict utilities to
interior walls. I suppose you could use surface mount conduit for
electrical, but that's not a good option for plumbing.

As an owner of a log home, I beg to differ. Agreed - planning is much more
important with a log home due to the nature of the materials, but utilities
can indeed be run within the logs at the time of building. Not so much
after the fact.

Or between the logs before the chinking is applied, depending on the type
of logs being used (150 year old hand-squared logs generally don't fit
very tightly together).

scott