Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 9-story apartment building made of WOOD

HerHusband wrote:

2. Utilities. As with a traditional log home, where to you run the
plumbing, electrical, and other services? You would either need to
build a secondary wall on the interior to provide space for these
(negating the advantages of the system), or restrict utilities to
interior walls. I suppose you could use surface mount conduit for
electrical, but that's not a good option for plumbing.

As an owner of a log home, I beg to differ. Agreed - planning is much more
important with a log home due to the nature of the materials, but utilities
can indeed be run within the logs at the time of building. Not so much
after the fact.

--

-Mike-