Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reducing a 5/8" shaft

David Billington fired this volley in
:

How prevalent are metric fasteners in the US these days. When I lived
there up till 1982 I don't recall seeing them at all.

Still not as common as Imperial sizes, but every hardware store sells
metric stuff now. All fastener outlets have almost all sizes in stock.

Let's face it, the American Car is _almost_ totally metricized now, so
that it can be manufactured anywhere. So there's a lot of need for
metric.

But David, in 1968 I bought a Fiat Spider (Boy! Was THAT a mistake), and
was able to pick up all the metric wrenches and fasteners I needed from
the local NAPA store -- even back then.

LLoyd