Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How to wire sewing machine foot pedal.

Also, I see now that there are electronic foot pedals!!!! Do you
think I have to find one of these for a Singer made in 1999, or can I
use my spare pedal that was made about 1950!?

Can I just connect the wires without a pedal in between and see how it
runs at full speed? I can take the sewing machine apart enough to
know which pins are which.

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 22:33:52 -0400, micky
wrote:

Just found a nice looking Singer sewing machine, very light, but it
has no cord and I can't test it until I figure out how to connect the
two slots in the wall to the three pins in the sewing machine. Is
it as simple as connecting the wall neutral to one pin, the wall hot
and one of the foot pedal wires to another, and the other pedal wire
to the third?

The pins are in a triangle arrangement, so cords are not plentiful,
and I probably won't be able to find one locally, only online.

I found a pedal/cord online, but it's 34 dollars plus shipping! I
wouldn't pay that much for the whole machine. Certainly too much to
spend without testing it first. I found just the cord for $15, but
even if I would use that, I would need the answer to the question at
the start. (Although rather than pay $15 for a molded plug on a cord,
I might just make my own out of PC-7. )

BTW, the frypan and its glass cover are doing fine. I've tried to
wipe off the condensation inside the lid, but it reappears to some
extent, depending on the food I suppose. Visited 6 thrift stores in
the last 3 days, only found what I wanted at number 3. Thanks for the
advice.