Posted to rec.woodworking
Gramp's shop Gramp's shop is offline

Default Cole jaw stops

Update:

Thanks for the good suggestions. Deb, I'm interested in the notion of a
vacuum chuck, but will save that project for a later day.

In the meantime, my local Ace has hard rubber plugs, wider at the top
than at the base. I need to drill them for the M6 screws, but as of now
I have about $10 in the project and good hopes for a good result.

Larry

On 6/10/2012 12:05 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
Attention turners: I'm new to turning and have experienced two bowls
disengage from the cole jaws attached to my Nova chuck. Neither came
close to me (whew) but one almost put a ding in the ragtop that shares
my shop.

I've been looking for longer stops that are a bit wider at the outer
end, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Larry