Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cole jaw stops

Take a jaw and take a stop to a local Machine Shop.
Have a drawing of what you want - they do the real drawing.

The cole was for light work on the feet as I reacal.

I got the first chuck and all I could when I was able years ago -
used some and need to get back to the exotic stuff.

Martin

On 6/10/2012 12:05 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
Attention turners: I'm new to turning and have experienced two bowls
disengage from the cole jaws attached to my Nova chuck. Neither came
close to me (whew) but one almost put a ding in the ragtop that shares
my shop.

I've been looking for longer stops that are a bit wider at the outer
end, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Larry