homesteader824 homesteader824 is offline
Junior Member

Default Reducing a 5/8" shaft

I have a small honey extractor with a 5/8" shaft that spins. I would like to turn this directly with an electric drill. I have a 1/2" drill that I was able to jury rig a pulley to to run it, so I know it has enough power. Is there any piece of hardware designed to mount on a shaft and have a smaller shaft coming out of it? I saw something like what I needed at Grainger's website, but they wanted over $60 for it--a lot more than I want to spend. It seems there should be a cheaper solution. I was looking for a more elegant solution than grinding the shaft down with my dremel tool. BTW, I don't have a welder.