Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Tire inflator chuck - regular vs lock-on?

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 17:27:39 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

bob wrote:
I want to buy a tire chuck with pressure gauge for my air compressor
to inflate tires (car and motorcycle). I already have a $10 model from
harborfreight but the gauge is way off.

I'm looking at milton branded chucks and some are "lock-on" chuck. I
don't see any mechanism to activate the lock in product pictures.
Does that mean you screw the chuck onto the valve stem?
Wouldn't the weight of the chuck and the guage put a strain on the
valve stem?

What is the pros and cons of using a lock-on type vs a regular
(push-on) type?

Save your money by buying a tire pressure gauge to go with your compressor.

I've got to disagree with you there. Mine doesn't have the lock
on it-- but it makes pumping tires 1/4 the work of
'pump-measure-pump-measure'
http://www.amazon.com/Milton-Dual-Ch...dp/B000BMIQ4O/

That Milton replaced one with the gauge on top that broke the first
time I dropped it. his one's been abused for 4 years and just
doesn't quit.

Jim