Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jon[_12_] Jon[_12_] is offline

Default coax splitter replacement

I am having persistent problems with coaxial cable connectivity with my
cable modem.

It has to go through a splitter. I thought I got the best when I bought a
broadband splitter fro Radio Shack for $20.00, but it is no better than the
cheap model I have on it now.

Typically I disconnect the cable, coat the wire with DeOxit and it works
again for a little while. Then in a few days it goes offline again.

I want to solder the son of a bitch and be finished with it for good. I can
solder all the center wires together, but what do I do about the shields?
(the screw-on conductor part). How do I connect all the shields together?

I don't think there's anything out there, but I thought I'd ask. My
solution is to cut the damned Radio Shack splitter apart with a Dremel tool
and go from there. I can strip the coax center wires back 3" and see if I
can stick them through far enough to solder them together.