Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Alternatives to downlighters in insulated flat roof .

On Jun 10, 11:04*pm, Colin Green wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

I've gone for a few downlights where appropriate, e.g. two in a small bathroom (one is a combined spot/extractor vent) and three in a part of the roof where the above insulation is much deeper (and thus I don't mind so much about having holes cut into it). Everywhere else I have opted for lighting sockets adjacent to the normal 3 pin sockets, but they are switched via light switches positioned as you would normally expect them. I can plug various lights into these (e.g. floor and table lamps) and thus allow more flexible use of the already restricted space.

The electrician actually suggested this option and it's not something I was aware of as an option until he mentioned it. I'm not sure what the exact type of socket/plug he will be using is - anyone on here know what the standard is for this? (if any) (just so I'm happy this doesn't contravene any regs).

Thanks,

Colin

BS546 2A or 5A round pin plugs, the ones that date back at least as
far as the 1930s. They are still allowed. 2A ones look nicer imho.

NT