Frank Campbell

Default Buying a table saw, have questions, new to woodworking

In article , GigaNews
wrote:

I am just getting into this hobby, so please bear with me if I ask stupid
questions.

After getting married and buying a house, I find that I have a desire to do
some of my own woodworking in addition to the myriad home improvement
projects I have going. I'd like to be able to make some furniture (baby's
room, maybe), maybe some cabinets, etc. Trouble is, the house isn't huge and
I have some severe space limitations.

snip
Thanks,
Bill Cook _/)_

Have you considered a mobile base under a contractors saw, the money
you would spend on a bench top would probably get you a good used saw,
a new blade and a mobile base, then find a spot against a wall to run
it into when you are not using it.

Are you aware that a lot of accessories will not fit in the T-slots on
bench top models, the miter gauge is really sloppy on most of them, and
the arbor is often too short for stacking dado heads?
FrankC

--
http://sawdustmaking.com