Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default OT/Dinner and Airfare w/The Prez

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Awareness is a good defense. Some are more aware than others. Some are
more aware about some things than other things. Those may get taken
advantage of on the other things. Fine societal norms we cultivate,
caveat empor! : )

I'm convinced car dealers find it profitable to assume every person
who steps into their lots is an idiot. If they are right, they make
more money.

This whole topic of discounted prices is a real hot spot for me. After
spending a career selling software (and hardware back in the day...), it
really became an annoyance for me. Everything had a "list price", but of
course, nobody ever sold at list price. It made the whole topic of pricing
more than just a joke. But - it's all around us and it's just the way it
is. Foolish, but the way it is. I felt it was insulting to the sales
process and to the customer. "How much is this" was really answered by "as
much as I can get out of you and still get the deal". Oh well - just my
grumblings.

Interesting grumbings anyway. : )