Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default best sprinkler head

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 16:27:16 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

Any consensus on what's the best brand of sprinkler heads? I've got
Hunter brand and every couple years I have to replace 20% of them
because they no longer will pop up and then the lawn gets brown spots
all over the place.

Usually mine last about 10 to 11 years before needing replacement.
Usually when they act up prior to that age, I spray WD-40 around the
exposed head and then try to pop it down. In most cases that does the
trick for a couple of years. I also watched when I had mine serviced
by the pros and bought the same shovel so when I do it myself, I
disturb less grass area.