Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Towards the goal of a truly universal IR remote control

Its worth trying other "universals" as they are not all the same , another
URC and 8 more JVC codes and 2 of a type of coding I've not seen before 1uS
single pulses and varied spacing.

To see why this ROSS R/C is so useless for intended purpose but may be
helpful in helping (perhaps shining ,gated ?, with a URC in search mode)
exercising "dead" kit, I DSO'd all the keys
So ident code of 91111111
then
power 311414111
mute 324122111
1 / 136121111
2/ 121154111
3/ 111119111
4/ 121631111
5/ 131513111
6/ 112163111
7/ 145112111
8/ 122522111
9/ 111272111
RCL 212432111
0/ 234212111
TV/rad 361211111
FAV 721111121
up 119111111
left 211541111
ok 111911111
right 221423111
menu 911111111
down 272111111
exit 113612111
zoom 111451121
info 414113111
audio 112721111
up up 111191111
pause 541112111
M-P 211324121
down down 115411121

other than sums to 17 (or else I probably made a mistake ) , 9 "blocks" and
ends with a 1, seems almost a random assignment