Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default What options for trailer floor

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 23:26:58 -0500, Ignoramus9564
wrote:

We just stripped and sandblasted our trailer, it is 20k Cronkhite with
a 18 ft long bed. The wood on it was completely rotted and I am now
looking for good options. I want this trailer to haul forklifts,
machines etc.

What options do I have. 1/4 inch diamond plate is very expensive and
costs $10 per square foot. I would prefer something cheaper that would
last 5 years.

I'm re doing my truck bed right now. I'm using pressure treated 2 x
12. I'll also coat it with used motor oil and let it sit in the sun a
couple weeks and wash off

My old trailer was diamond plate. I guess it was nice in that it
lasted the whole 30 years I owned it. But it had several indented
spots from too heavy a pressure point. Plus slick as snot on a greased
glass door knob when you spill a dab of oil on it.

Karl