Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Fence Posts

On Jun 9, 10:59*am, Gordon1111
wrote:
Hi there
I'm new to the forum so please bear with me and sorry if there's an
older thread about this.
I'm looking to build a fence between a neighbours wall and the side of
my house.
The fence will only 1.3mt wide, however, it'll be 2.9mt high due to the
difference in height between our properties etc.
I cant sink the posts due to drainage pipes that run along the side of
the house so i reckon i need to attach the posts to the brickwork.

The only fear i have is that i may get noise / vibration coming through
the fence into the house (living room is next to it), from my neighbours
gate slamming or kids kicking the ball against it.

Is there a way i can attach the post that's next to the house, to the
house in a way where i can try and avoid noise coming through?

Thanks

If you understand that noise is vibration, and know wood is slightly
springy, you'll know you can come up with any number of suitable
arrangements, depending on the small details of the situation.

One exampe is to create C shaped bits and mount the post to the middle
of them. The flat strip of the C shape acts like a cartspring.

NT