Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Bear deterrent

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 17:20:54 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 19:52:53 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

wow-- I'm surprised there are so few bears in NV. [45 permits only-
and the season will end when 20 are harvested] About 1300 were
harvested in NY last year-- They are becoming real nuisances even in
cities.

There are few bears in NV. They usually filter in from the northern /
westerly parts of the state or come from California on the western
border mountains Maybe the Sierra Mountains.

Same with mountain lions.

When I lived in upstate NY, I worried about bears and attack moose.

We should have a moose season within a few years-- They are not so
rare anymore.

Jim