Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Interior paints

On 6/9/2012 7:58 AM, wrote:

That's what struck me about the Benjamin Moore Regal
I recently used. I haven't painted a ceiling in decades.
So, maybe most paints have improved a lot. But this is
the first paint I used where I didn't have a single spatter
from the roller. I did the ceilings in 3 rooms, wearing
glasses, and I did not have a single spot on my glasses.
It's ability to cover and leave a perfect finish was also
superior to any paint I've used.

If you've previously tried to just use a wall paint on ceiling, it's no
wonder you're pleasantly surprised w/ a thicker paint.

There's a reason they make specific formulations for ceilings...

BM is pretty much like most all the rest--they have various quality
levels to meet various price points and how well they work is mostly
dependent on that price point.

They don't all go to the "cheapest-possible" in all markets,
though--you'll find fewer of the really inexpensive things at the
S-W/B-M/Dutch Boy/whichever distribution center than you will at the
Ace/Wal Mart/BORG simply because they covering different market segments
in large part. The latter get the whatever's the least cost on the
shelf while they take the rest is a general rule (that doesn't hold for
every customer but is a trend).

At a moderate-price point, I've always been very well satisfied w/ the
better of the Glidden products. We're in a very small market and
there's only the S-W store as a dedicated outlet here and when was doing
the barn they and the alternatives (DoIt Best/Ace/etc.) weren't
interested in either (a) getting in large quantities special w/o extra
charges or (b) significant discounts for volume. So, ended up going the
60+ mi to the Orange BORG and used the Behr premium oil-primer/latex
finish and was/have been quite pleased w/ it as well. Was first time to
have used Behr but I'd not hesitate again based on experience w/ it,
some 80 gal primer and 50 of finish coat later.

That was exterior but I'd take the chance on interior as well based on
that experience.