Posted to uk.d-i-y
H. Neary H. Neary is offline

Default Apprentice bollockings for this week

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 12:52:10 +0100, John Williamson
wrote:

On 09/06/2012 12:20, H. Neary wrote:

Oh dear the light has dimmed.

From your attitude on this subject, I take it you've never hugged your
girlfriend, as that would, by your theory, be an assault. I would also
assume that when she initiated a hug, that you initiated proceedings
alleging assault and battery.

Also, according to the principles you expound in your postings in this
thread, I am certain you have no children.

The basic point, which you seem to miss totally, is that according to
British Law, assault and battery *do not exist* unless there is an
intention or feared intention to cause an *illegal physical harm* to the
person being touched. Poking with a finger, unless directed at the
eyeballs, would completely fail this test.

Welcome to the Bozo Bin.

It causes mental harm. You do not poke someone out of respect do you.
It isn't a formal greeting either. It is a demeaning ignorant way of
getting attention.

If hugging is o/k try giving the next ten year you come across a nice
big hug, se what the response is.

Incidentally the article referenced two actions poking someone in a
college as a punishment for mobile phone use, and thumping in the
testicles as a punishment for failing to plug in a drill.

I would have considered both actions assault and reacted accordingly.

It seems at least the college took a balanced view BTW.

You stay in the "bozo bin" if you want to. I have no intention of
joining you.