Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight Electronic Fly Swatter???

On Jun 8, 6:22*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Oscillator and transformer.

I remember from some where, that *tasers (used to shock people) might
run on a 9 volt transistor battery.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"dgk" wrote in message

Warning-- *If it doesn't seem like it is working, *DON'T* touch the
damn thing. * *That jolt is stronger than the buzz you get from a 110
line.

Jim

From two D cells? Well, I failed physics in the Rainbarrel thread, so
I'll try again. How can 2 D cells produce enough
voltage/amperage/whatever to shock a person?

How can walking across a wool carpet on a cold (outside) winter day and touching
a grounded object produce enough voltage/amperage to shock a person? In my dorm
in Cambridge Mass, I could draw a 3/4" spark.

How much more/less power than a couple D cells does a magnet moving past a coil
in a lawnmower magneto produce. Try one of those.

At enough voltage, it doesn't take much current to hurt.

And it only takes a few milliamps to kill.- Hide quoted text -

DC is worse than AC, with AC there is a momentary time when the
voltage/current goes thru zero and muscles can relax and let
go(sometimes), With DC there is no such chance.