Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Impact driver Drill/Driver Kits

Bill wrote:
Puckdropper wrote:

I'd suggest looking for a two-tool kit. That way, you can chuck a drill
bit in one and a driver bit in the other and just swap tools. It really
is an efficient way to work. One thing to watch out for is sometimes the
kits have the same drill or driver as the tool alone but it's only a few
dollars more than just the tool.

I think Amazon started a $40 off sale on $200 Bosch Products today, and
Bosche is offering 2 free batteries:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

So I ordered the 2 piece set above for a final price of $198, and will
get *4* batteries in all. The batteries sell for $50, so it's
complicated, but it's almost like getting two drills free! : )

I figure if I wear out 1 pair of batteries, I'll have a backup
pair--extending the life of the product.

Cheers, and thanks!

Bill

I received the Bosch kit today. Here is a quick comment:

The Bosch impact driver can seat a 3.5" deck screw into a 4by4 (no
predrill), remove and reseat it anew, and remove it and the screw looks
not too much worse for wear. It works for building workbenches too!

The new Bosch drill works better than my old cheap cordless (I'm sure
it's the faster speed). I was using the same 3/16" drill bit that I
have been using this week before I received the new drill. I haven't
tried the lower speed higher torque setting except I noticed that it
appears to work.

Count me completely satisfied! Amazon must have sold a few more of the
kits because I see they currently seem to be out of inventory. I think
that the sales extend until Father's Day in case that is helpful to anyone.

Bill