Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stanley Schaefer Stanley Schaefer is offline

Default What industrial air quick connects

On Jun 7, 4:45*pm, Ignoramus29973 ignoramus29...@NOSPAM.
29973.invalid wrote:
We have finally hooked up our air compressor to the existing air
piping in my factory.

The bad news is that the existing connectors are either missing, or
old and leaking. I would like to replace them all with something new.
I would need, say, a dozen of them and I wanted to get something that
can last me for a while.

I prefer "industrial type" connectors, where should I buy them, thanks

There are at least 4 different and non-interchangeable pneumatic quick-
connect systems out there, Milton makes them all. What they sell as
the "M"-type is what I use, which is NOT what comes as a freebie end
with cheapie-chink air tools. Most of the industrial surplus I've
seen has had the Lincoln-type ends on it(MIlton's "L"-type), which has
a long tubular stem with a locking bulge in the middle. When I
started accumulating air tools, I got what the local hardware store
had on the pegs, which was Milton and "M"-style. I don't think
there's a whole lot of difference in performance among the various
types, get what you can buy locally and easily. You don't want to
have to wait on an order to be making up whips and attaching air tools
when you're in production. One handy thing to have is Milton's multi-
standard female connector attached to a short whip and a selection of
different style male ends, can save the day when using somebody else's
air tool(s) on a foreign air source. I think some of the factories
use an obscure connector just to keep tools from walking.

Stan