Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight Electronic Fly Swatter???

On Jun 8, 7:55*am, "
wrote:
On Jun 8, 8:19*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 16:40:27 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "

wrote:
I thought I had seen almost everything electronic, but a Harbor
Freight ad in this weeks junk advertising flyer had a super coupon for

"7.99 electronic fly swatter on sale with the coupon for only $2.49,
requires two D batteries (old separately)".

It looks like an oversize tennis or badminton racquet. Not a clue if
the batteries are hooked up to a grid to electrocute any fly that
crosses paths with the swatter, or if you get a shock if you miss the
fly, or whatever.

Does anyone know what this thing actually is supposed to do
"electronically"?

Kill bugs! *with a loud SNAP and a big spark! * Where have you been,
man. * * They are more fun than the twitchin' tool.

That's a high price, though. * I buy a couple every time I see them
for $4 at the 'dollar' stores or HF.

Warning-- *If it doesn't seem like it is working, *DON'T* touch the
damn thing. * *That jolt is stronger than the buzz you get from a 110
line.

Jim

I bought a bunch of them at HF as gag gifts a
few years ago. *$2- Hide quoted text -

Well, with inflation they are now $2.49 on sale.