Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default The House the 50s Built

sm_jamieson wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Yes I still don't have a dishwasher.

Just fitting a new kitchen. Not fitting a dish washer

Mad.

- wife does not want one,

Time for a new one of those.

and from my experience you need none or two,

Nope.

since one is invariably full of clean plates, and then you
have to quickly remove all these to do the next load.

I just replace the clean ones with dirty ones as they
are used and run it when there are no clean ones left.

Hardly rocket science.

There is a place one "could" go, with plumbing and drainage
just behind the boxing of the soil pipe ... just in case.

Also I think we have just decided not to
fit a waste disposal unit under the sink.

I don't bother with those, not enough waste to bother with.

Just under the sink is 4" drainage, so there's no
problem with big-ish stuff going down there.
Anything bigger should be composted, recycled etc.

Don't bother with that either with the kitchen stuff.

should it not (I am not particularly eco).

I'm not at all apart from growing my own veg
in the summer just because it tastes better.

This would not be the case if the sink drained to a grid
outside. I am wondering how I can rig up a "flush" to
wash the u-bend right through. There will be a spare
socket under the sink ... just in case.