Simon

Default Wooden vs uPVC door dilemma!

Hi,

We live in an Edwardian semi about 100yds from the sea (plenty of
wind, salt, etc..). The front door is currently a very old aluminium
double glazed door with 2 main glass panels (an somewhat un-attractive
yellow) that is continuously cold to the touch - and very very ugly.
We have just replaced the double glazing (uPVC) and now want to tackle
the front door.

I cannot decide between wooden or uPVC door:
Wooden doors are far more attractive, good range of doors (new or
salvage) to choose from, can be repainted on a whim, accept different
door furniture easily,
uPVC doors are generally white only, limited range, have a high
threshold, are draughtproof, never need maintenance.

Which is the most secure? I have read enough posts here to know that
this answer is a heated topic of discussion.

A chippie who lives next door says he would not put in a wooden door
(turning down potential business!) because of where we live.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Simon.