Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default The House the 50s Built

Lets see if this works. I tried to reply to the email copy but it threw an
error.
I don't want a waste disposal unit. Cannot see the need, and a friend of
mines seems always to be inbits.

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
On Friday, June 8, 2012 8:32:38 AM UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes I still don't have a dishwasher.

Brian

Just fitting a new kitchen. Not fitting a dish washer - wife does not want
one, and from my experience you need none or two, since one is invariably
full of clean plates, and then you have to quickly remove all these to do
the next load.
There is a place one "could" go, with plumbing and drainage just behind the
boxing of the soil pipe ... just in case.

Also I think we have just decided not to fit a waste disposal unit under the
sink. Just under the sink is 4" drainage, so there's no problem with big-ish
stuff going down there. Anything bigger should be composted, recycled etc.
should it not (I am not particularly eco). This would not be the case if the
sink drained to a grid outside. I am wondering how I can rig up a "flush" to
wash the u-bend right through.
There will be a spare socket under the sink ... just in case.

Simon.