Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The House the 50s Built

In article ,
Owain writes:
On Jun 7, 11:03*pm, jgharston wrote:
When my great-grandmother got a twin-tub on HP she got
her brother-in-law to add another tap and drain in the
kitchen so she didn't have to drag it out and hook it
up to the sink.

That's what's really needed to operate one efficiently. A floor drain
is also a good ideas as inevitably there are drips.
She still had it when she died in 1984.

Flats I moved into in 1988 and 1994 came with a twin-tub.

Hotpoint still had enough demand for their twin tub to keep
manufacturing it into the 1990's at least, and there's still
enough demand to keep a number of companies going refurbishing
and reselling them.

--
Andrew Gabriel