Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Damp caused by cement filled hole?

On Jun 7, 8:51*pm, paul22 wrote:
Hoping someone could help. i have a problem with damp on my living room
wall about 8ft high. I have been wrongly advsed as to the route of the
problem. Firstly i had the wall dug out and replastered but the damp
came back. I then re-sealed surrounding windows and of late i had the
roof re-felted and drains replaced but the problem is as bad as ever. I
notice on the exterior wall that there was some kind of vent and i
believe that this has simply been filled with cement. Is it possible
that this could be the route of the damp. The exterior wall is red
brick. Any help or advice greatfully received!

--
paul22

You don't say the wall construction.
No-one can say what's wrong without that knowledge.
If it is a masonary wall, the cavity may be filled and so "bridging".