Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What industrial air quick connects

On 6/7/2012 6:45 PM, Ignoramus29973 wrote:
We have finally hooked up our air compressor to the existing air
piping in my factory.

The bad news is that the existing connectors are either missing, or
old and leaking. I would like to replace them all with something new.
I would need, say, a dozen of them and I wanted to get something that
can last me for a while.

I prefer "industrial type" connectors, where should I buy them, thanks

What goes bad??? -the rubber seals! I made a punch and die and make a
big batch of seals every five years or so. It takes about 3 minutes to
replace the seals. There are a couple dozen in the drawer that are
ready to go so they get switched with the leakers. Most of my
connectors are over 40 years old. After closing, I'll walk around with
a can of spray paint and mark the leakers. I have about 300 in the shop.

I found that 1/8" silicone rubber sheet used for heat sealer trays works
great, I just have it on hand, something else might work better. In any
case, save your money!