Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Harbor Freight Electronic Fly Swatter???

On Jun 7, 7:40*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
I thought I had seen almost everything electronic, but a Harbor
Freight ad in this weeks junk advertising flyer had a super coupon for

"7.99 electronic fly swatter on sale with the coupon for only $2.49,
requires two D batteries (old separately)".

It looks like an oversize tennis or badminton racquet. Not a clue if
the batteries are hooked up to a grid to electrocute any fly that
crosses paths with the swatter, or if you get a shock if you miss the
fly, or whatever.

Does anyone know what this thing actually is supposed to do
"electronically"?

I have one. Works great...like a bug zapper.

The only thing is, you can't swing it against things like you can with
a flexible fly swatter since it's hard plastic. You have to hit bugs
on the fly by startling them to leave wherever they're sitting and fly
into the grid. Once that happens, the sparks and crackling begin.

Just in case you're wondering, it hurts like heck if you touch the
grid when it's energized. DAMHIKT