Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Inflation and home repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I saw a post, or two about shrinking food packages. The pound of spaghetti
is now 13 ounces, the 44 cookie Oreos are now 39.

With shrinking packs and price hikes, it's going to get a lot harder to do
much of anything. Like feed the family after home repairs. Anyone but me
feeling the squeeze?

What's next? A 100 ounce gallon of paint?

Actually, that has happened in Canada. I still have a couple of cans with
one gallon of paint, this was a Canadian gallon which was made up of four 40
ounce quarts or 160 ounces, as opposed to a US gallon made up of four 32
ounce quarts or 128 ounces. When Canada went metric, the paint companies all
reduced the size to 4 liters, now they have "standardized" on a US gallon
which is smaller again at 3.95 liters. It won't be long before they find a
smaller size to use.

By the way, the price never went down with the contents instead it went up.