Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default OT Windows 7 and Email Client

On 01/06/2012 12:13, DavidM wrote:
where I'd appreciate and views and/or recommendations:

Version of W7.
Most of the systems I'm looking at come with Windows Home Premium, but
with a cost option to have Windows Professional. Win Prof has XP

I have 32bit Ultimate ... all of my programs worked fine ... W7
validation tool can be run in advance to check them for you.

Mail client.
I currently use Outlook Express, which isn't available on W7, so I

I moved to W7 in Jan .... same issue.
So I installed Mozilla Thunderbird .... free and much better that OE
Includes a Newsreader (using it for this) ,... also used import tool to
import all my OE folders & files ... although you can just cut & paste.

I also swapped to Mozilla Firefox and dumped IE ... much faster and
more reliable.