Posted to alt.home.repair
Atila Iskander Atila Iskander is offline

Default Two barrels, linked at bottom by a hose, with different water heights?

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
dgk wrote:

Maybe it's sort of an optical illusion. When I get home today I'm
going to stick a ruler down each one and see just how high the water
is.

Observation: That won't work if the bottoms are not even with each other.

The bottoms don't need to be even with each other
He has only to define a baseline ABOVE the barrels and measure down to the
water level to verify.
Eg Put a 2x4 on top of the taller barrel, so that it overhangs the other
one, and then measure down from the 2x4