Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Harbor Frieght now charging a restocking fee.

On 6/6/12 9:11 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Specs... 3.6 feet of lift and 158gph

Lift 30 inches to a trickle.

It didn't make 36 inches, just 30.. so expecting 43 inches based on
spec.. and getting 30... it didn't make it.

As far as the checkout. deciding while things are being rung up whether
you want to pay a restocking fee if you return it is unfair.

You need to get over it or at least get a grip on reality. No manager in
his right mind is going to charge you a restocking fee for something
they just rang up, 15 seconds ago... especially after you tell him you
were not informed about the restocking fee. And even if he still tried
to charge you, all it would take is a call to corporate to clear it up.
Speaking of calls.....

I called my local store and customer service. Apparently, HF has started
charging restocking fees on *SOME* items, starting this month. They are
not charging on *ALL* items and in fact, there are about 140 items that
will have restocking fees. This seems quite reasonable to me, given how
many people treat them as a free rental service on the expensive things
like generators and welders. I'm sure they have other reason, as well.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--