Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Portable Appliance Testing?

Duncan Wood wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 14:11:31 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 14:07:27 on Thu, 7
Jun 2012, Duncan Wood remarked:
I'm sure you'll find that the policies cover damaging the *public's*
property, but not your clients'. That's the issue we are debating.

You're claiming they're the norm, but you've yet to find a single one
with that exclusion.

I haven't even looked for one, because that would be like looking for a
mobile phone theft policy with coverage for missed flights.

What you need to do is find one which *does* include it.

Well AXA tradesmans incudes it, you've already had the link to that.

Dont bother replying to the dork any more, he can never admit he may
have got something wrong, he'll be googling for hours now to find a
policy that excludes damage to a customers house.
That the vast majority do, will not be enough, he is so pedantic that
he'll be reading policies for the next week to find one that fits his
idea of what it should contain.

As an aside, my mate is high up in Hiscox Insurance, I asked him last
year if he could supply my PL and PI Insurance, he said no way could
they compete on cost, and their cover is no good for a small trader -
they are set to supply professionals (non-manual workers) and large
Companies, so finding one of their policies with a damage limitation is
not going to be that difficult, as it is not the market they are aiming
for.

Alan.