Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default JVC HR-S9600U VHS VCR won't play/wind

William Sommerwerck wrote in message
I bought this a few years ago to play a few tapes. I haven't used it in
about six years.

After it's set up (channels+time), it does everything file://but// play or

wind.
Other than loading/ejecting, the transport seems dead, dead, dead. (It
"knows" that a tape has been loaded, because -- prior to completing

setup --
it automatically ejects a cassette missing its record-safety tab.)

ALL I want to know is... Is there a known issue with this (or related)

models that can be easily resolved? I have no desire to spend any
significant amount of time troubleshooting or fixing the unit. If it can't
be repaired in a straightforward manner, it will go into storage.

Please -- no tsimmes or megillah. Thank you.

--
"We already know the answers -- we just haven't asked the right
questions." -- Edwin Land

Perished rubber belt somewhere, most likely on mode sw motor