Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Duncan Wood[_5_] Duncan Wood[_5_] is offline

Default Portable Appliance Testing?

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 12:45:37 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 12:23:23 on Thu, 7
Jun 2012, Duncan Wood remarked:
That's right, so dropping a hammer on a vase at the museum that
contracted you to wire up some extra spotlights won't be covered,
because neither the museum nor the vase are "the public".

It won't be covered by the PLI, but someone asking for a PLI
presumably
does in the back of already having insurance to cover first-order
accidents like the one you describe.

The museum might, but not every tradesman I suspect.

But we've got agreement that it's not PL, which is the main thing.

Actually you haven't got agreement, particularly from my broker.

Any ideas why he's the odd one out?

He's not, you seem to be. Plus he does actually do this & has never sold a
PLI insurance that include damage.