Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Portable Appliance Testing?

In message , at 20:44:53 on
Wed, 6 Jun 2012, A.Lee remarked:
Try getting a quote for "as a contractor I mess up, please pay the
damages", and let me know what the premium is.

For once, why not just say that you are wrong?

No doubt, you will reply with loads of reasons, mostly extremely
pedantic, like the comment to my previous post, that you are actually
right, and everyone else is wrong.

Hey, I tried the Insurance Company site (Hiscox) advertised all over
that "business advice" site which was linked to earlier. This isn't a
pedantic thing at all, there's a huge misunderstanding out there about
what these various forms of insurance cover.

Fill in the questionnaire and Hiscox recommends:

Main Risks:

You make a mistake - Professional Indemnity
Injury to Visitors - Public liability
Damage or loss of office equipment - Office insurance
Injury to you or staff - Personal accident

Other risks to consider:

Legal costs - Legal expenses
Hackers and Viruses - E-risks
Business disruption - Business Interruption

To suggest the "Public Liability" insurance more than scratches the
surface of what's required, is frankly very poor advice.
--
Roland Perry