Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Magnovox DTV converter boxes shut off after a few sec.

On Jun 6, 4:38*am, "Phil Allison" wrote:
"WKW"

"Phil Allison"

** Looks like a common fault, Bob Urz posted the same Q here in
January last year:

" Anyone successfully work on these cheap DTV converter boxes?
I got a Magnavox TB100. It powers up and displays the TV channel.
Then it shuts itself off in about 5 seconds. I did get into the setup
menu and the auto shut off is set to off so i assume its not that.
Have not been inside of it to check the caps yet. Are these POS
even fixable? *"

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...owse_thread/th

I found that post myself with a google search before posting my
question.

*** *Shame you did not post that fact.

Didn't find any replies to it though.

** Some questions have no answer...

... * Phil

Priced to retail at $40, those boxes were put on the market in 2008
and are now failing in 2012. Ten dollars per year to watch an ancient
TV sounds fair to me.