Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Interior paints

On Jun 5, 8:29*pm, "Gomba" wrote:
Joe wrote:
On Jun 5, 4:38 pm, "Gomba" wrote:
Not to start a war on which interior paint is better, but which
brand do you like best? Looking @ wall paints & trim paints. Would
like something washable, maybe a pearl like paint (semi-gloss?).

Thanks

Someone 'liking' a paint doesn't seem like *good way to judge
quality.

Thanks for sharing your inexperience with paints.

I recently used Benjamin Moore Regal and it was the
best paint I've used. But then I haven't painted in maybe
10 years, so maybe other paints are up there now too.
I had no back spatter when doing the ceilings. Didn't
have even a spec on my glasses. Two coats on the
walls and ceilings and it looks super.

I would usually not recommend semi-gloss for walls.
Unless they really need to be washed. Otherwise the
gloss will show wall imperfections that flat would not.
I'd go with one step up in gloss from flat for walls,
eg satin. It doesn't have that dry, chalk feel that flat
can have and is more washable, etc.