Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Harbor Frieght now charging a restocking fee.

Well, don't you think you should find out what requires a restocking fee
before you buy.

They only know when they ring it up.
And finally... if the pump doesn't live up to expectation and there is
no upgrade, why should I pay???

This is a fountain pump, not a pump to get rid of water in your basement.

So I think they ought to start marking which items are restocking on the
shelves. I would still buy that item (bigger), but I don't think it's
fair to let you know after you have bought it.

On 6/6/2012 10:31 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message

"Generators and other specific items are subject to a 20% restocking fee"

Makes a lot of sense as items like that are the most likely to be returned.
Why rent a tool when you can buy it, use it, then return it and spread that
cost over the rest of the customers?

Many retailers are making changes in the return polices. Clothing stores
get hit with prom dresses and the like.