Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Duncan Wood[_5_] Duncan Wood[_5_] is offline

Default Portable Appliance Testing?

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 19:48:16 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message op.wfhsk1zjloxewg@duncan-tosh, at 18:37:39 on Wed, 6 Jun
2012, Duncan Wood remarked:
It makes you wonder why they also offer "tradesman insurance", if
things like that really are covered. And when you ask for a quote,
the PL cover appears to be only for "Injury to visitors".

"You make a mistake" is Professional Indemnity.

No, professional indemnity covers costs caused by failure of your
advice/services,
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...1074405987&typ
e=RESOURCES
so if you set fire to somebodys house whilst installing the fire alarm
then that's public liability, if your fire alarm fails to ring the fire
brigade that's professional indemnity.

Tradesman Insurance doesn't normally include Professional Indemnity, so
I'm not quite sure where that herring was caught?

Try getting a quote for "as a contractor I mess up, please pay the
damages", and let me know what the premium is.

"Indemnity
The Company will indemnify the Insured
against all sums that the Insured shall
become legally liable to pay as damages and
costs and expenses of claimants in respect
of accidental
a) injury to any person
b) loss of or damage to material property
c) nuisance or trespass obstruction loss of
amenities or interference with any right of
way light air or water
d) wrongful arrest detention imprisonment or
eviction of any person or invasion of the
right of privacy
occurring within the Territorial Limits during
the period of insurance and happening in
connection with the Business."

Is what mine says. What else where you expecting it to cover.