Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Brian Morrison[_2_] Brian Morrison[_2_] is offline

Default Portable Appliance Testing?

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 15:56:45 +0100
Phil W Lee wrote:

All the round-pin designs I've used of similar current carrying
capacity have needed greater force, not less.

The old round pin 15A plugs that I remember from childhood in the 60s
were indeed very stiff to insert and remove. My dad said at the time
that the current rectangular pin plugs were a big improvement.

I think we had the final pair of 3 pin round sockets replaced in our
garage in about 1971, I remember rewiring the plugs on a power drill
and an inspection lamp at about that time.

--

Brian Morrison