Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cover for fry-pan

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 07:53:18 -0400, micky wrote:

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 19:48:50 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

On Jun 5, 6:19*pm, "
wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 02:29:50 -0400, micky wrote:
I need to make a cover for a fry-pan, with a glass window. * I have a
"universal" cover, but it doesn't work well. * In fact I've been using
a double layer of tin foil that works just as well.

I recently bought a set of fry-pans, moderately expensive, not the
cheap stuff I usually get.

The mediums sized pan has a cover, a glass cover, but the little one I
use more has nothin'. * And there are few if any 8" pans for sale with
covers.

Calphalon sells frying pans with glass covers (and separate covers). *Here's
one:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...n-slide-nonsti...

But he wants a see-thru cover so he can tell when his 3-minute egg is
fryed to perfectiong.

I think it is is glass. OTOH, the price of the pan and lid is 120 to
170 dollars, so even the lid is probably too much for me.

The 8" pan is $120. I thought you said you bought decent stuff? $120 isn't a
lot for cookware. SWMBO has 3-4x that in a few of her pans.

I cleaned the pan and put it in the car, and I'm on the path to
stopping at every thrift shop in town. I don't think I'll find it
quickly, but otoh, I really don't want to order one and find out it
doesn't fit

Measure. Go to store and measure theirs.

Thanks for all the help.

I'll try to post back when I get something.