Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Magnovox DTV converter boxes shut off after a few sec.

"WKW"
"Phil Allison"

** Looks like a common fault, Bob Urz posted the same Q here in
January last year:

" Anyone successfully work on these cheap DTV converter boxes?
I got a Magnavox TB100. It powers up and displays the TV channel.
Then it shuts itself off in about 5 seconds. I did get into the setup
menu and the auto shut off is set to off so i assume its not that.
Have not been inside of it to check the caps yet. Are these POS
even fixable? "

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...owse_thread/th

I found that post myself with a google search before posting my
question.

** Shame you did not post that fact.

Didn't find any replies to it though.

** Some questions have no answer...