Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default New Homelite Trimmer Won't Start

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 16:47:11 -0400, frank1492
wrote:

I will be very careful not to prime too much next time, though the
instructions on the Homelite clearly say "10 times." Unlike the kid, I
won't be doing it twice (2X10.) But what do you do when you have left
the trimmer off for just a while, say an hour, and it won't start on
the first pull? Do you then guess and prime it, say, 5 times? Is there
a rule of thumb for varying engine-off times?

My rule of thumb is what works. My chains saw, four times, lawnmower,
five, snowblower ten. According tot he instructions with each, the
number varies from what actually works for me.